Tax Accountant Job Description
Job Title: Tax Accountant Job Summary: The Tax Senior is responsible for reviewing individual, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities. Salary Range & Benefits: Commensurate with experience Hours Required: 40 hrs + OT
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
• Implement client’s engagements from start to finish (planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects).
• Manage engagements budgets.
• Supervise, train, and mentor staff and interns on tax projects.
• Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax
• savings opportunities.
• Prepare more complex tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
• Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve tax-related
• problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Assist partners on proposals and business development calls.
• Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives.
• Possess an understanding of state and foreign tax issues.
• Perform other job-related duties as necessary. Requirements & Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication
• skills. • Strong experience in staff and tax management.
• Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time
• constraints and deadlines.
• Dedicated to superior client service.
• Strong organizational skill and attention to detail